Thursday, March 31, 2016

Extraordinary Treatment by TLC Nielsen

In the search for health, I found myself drawn to the naturapathic medical community; massage therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments to name just a few. Ten years ago, I discovered Naprapathy, a branch of medicine that focuses on the interconnectivity of the muscles and ligaments that hold the skeleton together. I met Dr. Jesse Murayama and experienced his extraordinary expertise in dealing with neuromusculoskeletal conditions.

Welcome, Dr. Jesse!

Q) What drew you to the medical profession in the first place?
A) Previously I had been working as an MD in Mexico. I became discouraged by the system there because it created a lack of interaction between the doctor and patient. When I came to the United States, I found Naprapathy and was drawn to it because I felt that I would be able to treat the patient more effectively through the use of Naprapathic modalities coupled with the opportunity to spend more time with each patient.

Q) I met you almost 10 years ago, right after I became a grandparent. How long have you been practicing Naprapathy?
A) I am a 1999 graduate. I began practicing as an associate, and then I opened my own practice in Grayslake on January 1, 2004.

Q) How long has your beautiful office manager worked with you?
A) Becky, my wife, has been with me through the entire journey. She had been working as an assistant for a Naprapath and one of his associates was the president of the Naprapathic association at the time. When he found out about my background, he introduced me to it. Once I entered my internship, my wife began working full time to support the family. Later she was the one who found the space that our office occupies today. I felt a desire to open my own practice and she found the space. From day one, we have worked together.

Q) How did you know she was the right one for you, way back when?
A) We met while we were both working at Motorola way back in 1988. I invited her out to lunch and she accepted. She continued to accept my invitations and even showed up on Sunday mornings ready to pick me up for church. The rest is history. We married 13 months after we met, 26 years ago. 

Q) Your medical literature mentions Naprapathy as a connective tissue specialty. How do you work with connective tissue in the body?
A) Connective tissue is made up of anything that connects the body’s systems; muscles, ligaments, fascia, nerves, tendons etc… Sometimes there is tension or trigger points or inflammation or scar tissue, or there could be a combination of these ailments. Naprapathic techniques will correct soft tissue structures, helping to restore structural balance. You can find out more at my website.

Q) I’ve seen you for a variety of issues. What is the scope of the areas you work on in a patient?
A) Anywhere in the body where there is musculoskeletal pain. Some of the most common ailments that I treat are:
·      Back pain
·      Migraines/headaches
·      Neck pain
·      Sciatic nerve pain
·      Herniated discs
·      Carpal tunnel
·      TMJ
·      Fibromyalgia
·      Sports injuries
·      Arthritic conditions and other inflammatory conditions
·      Plantar pain
·      Joint pain

Q) Where in the process of healing should patients seek Naprapathic help? I know I seem to wait too long to seek any medical help.
A) The sooner you receive treatment the better. Catching a condition as soon as possible generally reduces the amount of treatment required. It is human nature to try some home remedies prior to seeking medical help; but when you are not able to resolve the situation quickly, it is advisable to seek professional help.

Q) What is something unexpected about your profession?
A) All doctors of Naprapathy treat patients a little bit differently, but for me, I am able to spend as much time as I need with a patient. I am able to work one-on-one with them. Each treatment takes about an hour and during that time I am able to get to know the patient, their lifestyle, and which treatment works best for them.

Dr. Jesse’s website:  www.PainTreatmentCare.com


Thank you coming to the Extraordinary Ordinary blog, where ordinary folks with extraordinary stories share their journey! If you know someone with an extraordinary story (no famous folks, please) email me at soulfixer13 at yahoo.com and please put Extraordinary Ordinary in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment