Friday, October 15, 2010

From Could or Ought to

As told to TLC on 10-15-10

I woke up to Moody’s radio station, hearing this very interesting discussion concerning a new book on the praying life by Jennifer Kennedy Dean. The radio host talked about the necessity of moving away from the thought that prayer is more “could or ought to” and into prayer as a “get to” state of mind, where God prompts us to talk with Him. It’s not that we get to come to God when we choose, but that He prompts us to come into His open arms for a chat. The ladies on the radio continued to discuss that Christians need to move away from a prayer “time” and into a praying life, a life in constant dialogue with Jesus Christ our Savior.

This so sums up my blog and God’s attempt to move me into His arms – to move beyond looking and seeing God into the closeness of being with Him, daily – hourly – minutely. I can’t fathom being with Him every second yet but that’s how Christ walked this earth. I’ve again gone a few days “running” through my life with barely any thoughts directed His way and, again, I’ve asked forgiveness for not being with Him more, He who created me and loves me more than anyone else. I get to be with the Lord, my God and Savior who pursues me daily and who asks that I just look and be with Him. “Get to” is present tense not just a vague future tense!

No comments:

Post a Comment