Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mesmerized

As seen by TLC

10-20-10

I stopped by to see my daughter and her 1 month old this morning, my first grandson. She was holding him, post feeding, and he was just staring at her. I sat next to her, amazed at his focus. She smiled at him and his eyes widened. She spoke to him and he moved his mouth. No smiles yet, that comes soon, but his contentedness and his intense gaze caught me so that I could not look away from them.

This is what I want, the Lord mentioned to me later. In prayer time, the one-on-one time with our Heavenly Father, He wants to be with us and to experience our unwavering gaze upon Him. The delight on my new grandson’s face was to hard miss, his beloved mom was holding him and he had the ability to not just feel her heartbeat or hear her voice, he could look on her with love and awe, mesmerized.

1 comment:

  1. My morning time with God has changed now, as I stop and just spend time with Him. Found this morning a song, You are My All in All, that has these lines: When I fall down you pick me up, when I am dry You fill my cup - You are my All in All. Thank you, Father!

    ReplyDelete